Saturday, March 5, 2011

Data Pooling

For Brennon. For Aiden.

Before we get started, the library...

Bust last night because they changed their hours. Bust this morning too. At least the guy helping me with the microfilm was nice.

There's an alley near the library I never noticed. I was terrified of it as soon as I saw it. And...I swear I saw tentacles.
I ran into the building behind mom and almost slammed the door shut.

Library...sanctuary...

And, you're all getting a rundown from Casey on why this library's city is a terrible place to hide.

Okay...where to start...

///It///, The Dark One, The Master v.s. Slenderman
The vicious one. Personally, I've heard It called these three names. ///It/// by Sandra and Jack. The Dark One by good ol' Slendy. And The Master by Fox and co. (among several other proxies).

We'll just drop the slashes and call it It.

This is the one that was stalking us five, especially Seth.

Our experience: It relentlessly stalked Seth and was Hallowing him until we intervened. It appears, tentacles abound, in two of Sammi's pictures. The rest are corrupt. It was terrifying Casey by appearing everywhere.  It also stalked Skyler.

It is not currently around. It carries the Sickness with it, I think. We were all Sick while being watched by It. But now It has been gone for a while...But I think I saw It today.

My throat is scratchy...

Other instances of It: H(a)unting, Scared

Those are the only two for sure. I can't say what's going on with everyone else and their violent Slenderman. Or with those that simply converse from time to time (lookin' at you, Frap).

There's apparently a difference between It and Him. It is vicious and murderous. He is watchful, almost benevolent it seems.

One of my theories on this is actually Omega's regarding His maniulation of time and space. Inconsistent Behavior

Proxies (notably, Fox, Crow, and Rat)
Proxies. People that serve Him/It.

As far as I've known...your standard proxy is one that's been Hallowed. Somebody that's been driven so mad that He/It now controls them. They are called proxies or Hallowed. These usually communicate in frantic code or creepy, vague messages. Some are more lucid than that.
Agents willingly follow Him/It. They're more coherent, but still vague. Though they do that on purpose, I bet. I suspect this is where Fox and co. lie.
Revenants are like...his superpowered immortal servants. I'm really not sure how to describe them. Reach (What You Are In The Dark) was a Revenant that remembered what it was like to be human and decided to switch sides. But he's had his Revenant status stripped and is now human again.

Fox, Crow, and Rat all seem to be Agents. They're vague, but lucid. They know full well what they're doing. They can make themselves disappear by walking past trees. I think this takes them to the Otherside (or the Path of Black Leaves, pending on what you want to call it). They also can remotely hack things (see: Crow's irritating post).

Speaking of Revenants...

Redlight
A horrid, smug, bastard.

Or...BastardS.

Redlight is an entity that plagues Ava (The London Librarian), Reach, Robert (White Elephants), had the balls to show up in Zeke's (The Mystic) house, wiped Nessa's mind only for her to remember again (this happened twice), was there to take Nessa off of Zero (A Hint of Serendipity) for the first of those mind wipes, and appeared to Frap (FRIENDS) to return his memory in exchange for his sanity (he's seems very intact though. Hooray!)

He's probably harassed many MANY others.

We were trying to figure out his true identity (I was on the side of believing it was Jay (Anomalous Data)), only for him to reveal that he didn't actually know who he really was himself.

And now, according to Robert, Redlight is actually Redlights.

There's a bunch of them. And they're a hivemind it seems.

The Conversation
I guess now would be a good time to post those notes. I got a reply today regarding Aiden's condition. Here we go...

"Seeing as I really have no other choice, I'm going to go ahead and write back to you. This is what you wanted all along, wasn't it? Because I'm close to just running out there and murdering both of you the next time you tap on my window. Seriously you guys. I need to function. Therefore I need to sleep. Cut it out. I guess I should thank you for the mask. So...thanks. How is your side doing, by the way? You apologized for jumping me, so I guess I should say sorry for cracking your ribs or whatever damage I caused. Just seems like the polite thing to do. Am I allowed to ask you questions?"

"Ah, I knew you would write sooner or later, m'dear. I apologize for the window incidents. I honestly could not think of a better way to grab your attention other than to irritate you. It worked, did it not? You are quite welcome for your mask back. My pleasure. My side? Ah, The Master fixed it for me. All is well on that end. Do not worry. As for questions, why else do you think we are doing this?"

"Oh...well. I guess it did. The Master...that makes you Agents? I guess that's my first question. Your Master...is this the same that hurt Seth? The same that's having a turf war with His proxies in Texas?"

"Agents? I am unfamiliar with this vernacular. We openly serve our Master. Seth is your friend? The male. He is the small one, yes? I believe that was our Master's work. I cannot tell you why. Turf wars...we are not involved. But perhaps yes...I do think they are the same."

"So your Master is telling you to stalk us? And break into our homes? Would it be rude to ask about the incident on the street?"

"He tells us to watch you. To collect data. You interest The Master. He thought he could fell your Seth. But this Seth of yours managed to resist. He does not understand how you all resist. I am interested as well. As for the street incident...that was quite honestly my fault. I acted out of turn. I believed you were coming to confront us and retaliated as such. I was punished for this mistake."

"I see...so Mr. Rat is also following these orders? Why is it he doesn't come up here and join you?"

"Yes, Rat is with us. That is merely how we organized. Crow and I would handle the four of you. Rat would take care of your girl. We hardly have to antagonize your Seth. He frightens himself enough already."

"What about those presents? I think I understand those numbers. I had it the first time. I just didn't want it to be true. And your message to Seth..."

"Rat wishes to give the girl an identity. He does not know what to call her. You are the Wolf. One of you is the Raven. Another is the matriarchal cat. Our message? You will have to think harder about that one. He is on the right track. We should give your Seth an appropriate title as well, eh? I will have to think about it. Crow's numbers are rather straightforward, I would think. It is what you think it is."

"Well. That certainly doesn't make me feel better about anything. How are you getting these names for us? Moreover, where did this theme even come from? Unimportant, but I'm curious."

"You chose the names yourselves. We are simply addressing them. Some are harder to deduce than others. Your Seth and his girl, for example. As for the theme, it is not all that hard to figure out, ma cherie. It all started with you."

"Oh. The mask. You're just going along with the mask. Alright. Fine. I'll roll with it. That leaves one more thing...who are you?"

"That is not for me to say. All answers come in due time."

"No. I lied. I have another question. Aiden. What is going on with him and if you have anything to do with it, you best fess up now."

"We are not involved. The Master does not reveal all of His plans. Though it is likely He is involved. That is a rather grim message from 'Ai-Ai'. I would keep a close eye on him, if you hold him so close to your heart."

And that is all. Next...the numbers. And the message. And the Names.

Numbers, Messages, and Names
The numbers. The poem. I remember eight and nine. Want me to recite it again?

One for sorrow
Two for mirth
Three for a wedding
Four for a birth
Five for silver
Six for gold
Seven for a secret, not to be told
Eight for heaven
Nine for hell
And ten for the Devil's own self.

The numbers Crow has given us so far, counting the crows, the kaws, and words he's excessively repeated: one, one, two, four/three/one, ten, nine, five.

One for sorrow - three times
Two for mirth
Three for a wedding
Four for a birth
Ten for the Devil
Nine for Hell
And...Five for silver?


Edit: Seven. He specifically addressed seven. A secret not to be told...I think...he means the videos. The Mythos in general. I told others...

I'm not entirely sure what the first two One's refer to. Maybe just a warning of times ahead. Two for mirth...I'm guessing he actually enjoyed the encounter. At least the part where he was stalking and getting ready for attack, and the parts where Ace wasn't biting him.
I'm still combining and separating these numbers. There's a double meaning here. I believe Four refers to YggdrasilCore (Copper and Chrome) in that he's a Hatchling.
Three and One bother me the most here. I didn't want to specifically spell this out to you guys, Aiden, Brennon...
Three for a wedding. YOUR wedding. One for sorrow. I think something really REALLY bad is going to happen that day...
Ten and Nine are obvious enough. References to It.
Five confuses me. It seem utterly random. Five for silver? What does silver have to do with anything? Is that something else for us to test?

The message Fox and Crow gave to Seth: "Soon the storm will darken your sky."
This could mean...dark times ahead (not that I was anticipating better ones), or something referring to either Skye or Skyler.
Skye is behaving oddly..."darken your sky"...I think something is happening to her. But they said "darken your sky". Did they mean Skyler?
We need to watch out for both of them. We need to keep them safe.

Names.
This isn't hard at all, as it turns out.
The Raven is Sammi. That's who Crow is utterly attatched to. That is Sammi's animal of choice.
The matriarchal cat...that's Casey. The Lioness. Casey's animal.
The Wolf is obviously mine.
Tough part? Pinning Seth and Skyler. Who would they be...


Conclusion
I think this is all I have for now. If I have anything to add, I'll alert you guys and edit it in. Or make a new post. Or something.

I hope this all helps...

9 comments:

  1. Well, um, maybe silver refers to a way of killing things? Like, werewolves and stuff. Silver has been a viable way of cutting through enchantments and supernatural beings ever since forever.

    Also, Branwen, I think maaaaybe you should check out http://home2.paulschou.net/tools/xlate/ so you don't have to get all scared and have to wait when people start talking in code. *Joce

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's wrong with talking? ~Frap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing is wrong with talking, Frap. It's when people start with the code that it gets freaky. Aiden scared the hell out of me when he posted that crap on his journal.

    Bran, thanks for all the information hun. I guess that means we need to really be on guard at the wedding. We've got most plans in place for it. It's a matter of Aiden getting better. Ostara is coming up... fast. And we planned the wedding for the day before.

    I'm pretty paranoid now. I'm hoping Aiden is better today and awake where I can talk to him. He's been out cold any time I've gone in to see him. It's getting rather frustrating, especially with so much to talk to with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh, I wasn't saying anything was wrong with it, love. Just a nod to you. I think your conversations with Him have been REALLY helpful. Maybe more than ours.

    JOCE. THANK YOU. I have that bookmarked now.
    Silver as a weapon. That's what I thought of instantly, actually. But they say weapons don't hurt Him...so I dismissed it.
    ...we need to think about testing this. Has somebody done so already?

    No problem, Brennon. I hope he's better too...his last post scares me...
    If I could get up there, I would. But now we're trapped in the house until the salt trucks come. Snow...
    Send him my hugs.

    ~ Branwen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got off the phone after I saw his last post. I asked if he had access to the computer/internet. Apparently that was not him this time. He's been out an hasn't woken up yet since the seizure last night.

    ...and good ol' Slendy just popped in... like literally right beside me. Bout made me wet myself. I'll talk to him and see what he wants us to do.

    I'll report it.

    had to stop at captcha to make note of this. "slender" seriously. my captcha was "slender" How ironic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frap's got that Ekerentine stuff. That seems to hurt him. *Joce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well. That's good. As in he's not responsible for posting it. That's awful...because then who did?

    Heh...these captchas..."boa gator" I still my favorite.

    If you get him to talk, let me know what he says.

    ~ Branwen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Posted what happened. This is gonna get bad real fast.

    I'm out to head up to Aiden. I'll post when I get back if anything interesting happens.

    ReplyDelete