Monday, March 21, 2011

Proxies do, in fact, enjoy Pringles.

Let's ignore the massive, unnecessary shitstorm that happened elsewhere in Slanderland, shall we?

Rather pleasant day today, I'd say. Aside from the very worrying absence of Skye. We think she's gone for real this time. We have no idea what to do about this...

The weather! It's wonderful! 72 out today. Partly sunny. Nice an' cozy.

We chilled today. Sort of. (SPOILER ALERT: Fox has a rather neat voice.)

I came home from school, needed a snack. But I also wanted outside. So I let Ace out, grabbed the can of Pringles, and then followed out behind him.

I stood on the edge of the porch, and Fox was leaning against one of our trees watching Crow chase some bugs around.

I walked over with the can, just to see what they'd do. Ace was right up against me, lips slightly curled.

Fox gave him a pat, declined the Pringles with a hand wave, and turned back to watch Crow.

So I got the brilliant idea to crush some up in my hand and throw them at Crow like he was a pigeon.

He totally went for them. Fox laughed like a maniac.

When he's done, he takes a breath and says, "Nice story. It could never be that way, but well written, nonetheless."

I was blown away by the fact that he SAID something, and just responded with, "Well. Thanks."

We stood in silence for a few moments, watching Crow pick the crumbs out of the grass.

"Quite nice of you not to attack me," I said, "or bring You Know Who."

"Wee bit stupid of you to get this close," he responded, "but you're welcome. I guess this makes our job of watching that much easier."

"Hn..." I grunted. "Think you'd pick something a little less clumsy than a crow as a sentry..."

"I didn't get to pick."

"Oh...HAH."

"What's so funny?"

"Crow."

"About?"

"His entire existence."

"This is true..."

The conversation stalled again. He was fiddling with a twig, readjusting the half-mask. I was thinking of ways to get him to say more things, because the drummer part of my brain was busy being amused by his accent while the intellectual part was trying to shout important things over the "DURR PURTY VOICE SAY MORE WORDS" nonsense the drummer part was thinking.

Still can't place that accent...

Anyways, Crow got bored of looking for (and eating EWWWWW) crumbs and called his pet crow over.

"I suppose you'd like to know what happened to your friend," Fox said wistfully.

"Aiden," I said firmly

"Yes, that one."

"It'd be nice to know. Brennon has legitimate fears."

"I can't tell you."

"But of course. It would be that way, wouldn't it?"

"Not directly."

"More riddles?"

"You've done fine so far, m'dear."

"Fine. I'll take what I can get."

It's at this point that Ace finally realizes there's a bird in the yard and he actually has a shot at catching it. I have to lunge forward and pin him to the ground.

"NO. THAT'S NOT YOURS." I said in my alpha dog voice. Ace grunted and curled by my feet, shooting me glances of disdain. Whatever. He'd forget about it as soon as we walked in the house.

"BAD D(X)GGY!" Crow shouts, cradling his bird. Fox lifts a finger to his lips to tell him to quiet down some. I totally pinned Crow's voice, by the way. Definitely like that lizard lookin' guy from Inuyasha that always follows Sesshomaru around. Can't place the name...

"Am I right?" I asked, sitting on the ground with Ace now.

"About what?" Fox asked back. I could see his eyebrows raise by following the movement of his hairline. He's strawberry blonde, by the way.

"The Owl."

"You'll see."

"I don't want to find out too late..."

"It already is though."

More silence. This time sad and grim. My stomach turns.

"Nothing I can do?"

"No."

"And all of Seth's friends? And mine and Casey's? Because we think..."

"Too far to predict right now," he interrupted. "Keep your eyes open. But you already know that."

"Alright then..." I muttered, fiddling with a piece of grass. "Thanks for the info, friend."

He whipped his head around at that. "This conversation changes nothing," he asserted.

"Of course it doesn't," I said with a smirk as I got up to leave.


...the rest of the night has been relatively calm and quiet. Brennon and I have been exchanging emails about Aiden's condition.
Occasionally Crow will pop up in the window with some object he's found, giggle, and run away. Are we friends now? God, these two make my head hurt sometimes...

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a good day. I did too. And I have many people to thank for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...my condition? Why am I suddenly paranoid? He pointed me to the blogs and the shit storm (totally fucking made my day) and then... I dunno. I'm paranoid now. He's said nothing about e-mails with you. And he's making me stay near Slendy? WTF? Are you all going to tell me what's going on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're just worried about you, man. Don't worry about it. You focus on getting better, let US do the thinking part. The theorizing part, rather.

    Urgh...riddles...


    Heh, thanks Ygg. Gotta tell you this, your comments on the shitstorm post made my friggin' day. You and Omega.

    ~ Branwen

    ReplyDelete