Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I was wrong.

Nothing has slowed down. He's just being a manipulative creep.

So I was already iffy about going outside and was just going to lie and say I took Ace without actually leaving the house. But sometimes my conscience is annoying. And sometimes it puts me in idiotic and/or dangerous situations.

I called Ace, snapped on the leash, and trotted out the door. I wanted to get this over with.

Let's give the two potential death traps proper names. We'll call them Left and Right for now. (Heh, you know, we have a saying in marching band. Left is right. Left is not right in this case. Right is not right either.)

I decided to go left first. There were weird sounds emanating from the right and less neighbors to hear my screams. So left it was.
I was just over the crest of the small hill to that patch of forest, and...there he was. Just right there. Standing on the quad path. Watching me.

I didn't know what to do, so I just stopped and stared. I felt like I was in a trance...
Ace kept trying to pull me away. Then I heard a sound behind me, which turned out to be a car pulling into a driveway. When I looked back he was gone.

I decided to go right. (I'm also an idiot and am fairly certain I'm going to die in some awful manner from decisions like this.)

I didn't get very far, because Ace turned us right the hell around about half way down the hill and made us go home.

I've covered the living room window entirely (I managed to stretch the curtains enough to meet). I'm really not sure what to do at this point. I'm also by myself.

Things are scarier when you're alone...

Okay...well...Ace needs a bath. And I suppose now would be a good time to check on Seth and make sure he's not doing anything harmful to himself. I'll be keeping myself busy for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment