Sunday, January 9, 2011

I'm just digging myself deeper aren't I?

I've decided that as fearful of it as I am, I'm now completely interested in this...Slenderman. I went back to the Know Your Meme article to see if there was anything else on Him. I have discovered Just Another Fool and the world of blog ARGs.

Shortly after reading all of it (and feeling very creeped out), I went to my room to get something, turned the light on, and it immediately explodes. Not really, but that's what it looked like. I scampered away from my room, informed dad I'd need a new light, and decided to go play Sly 2 while it was still light enough out to survive the basement.

I got to Episode 8. It has a Clockwerk icon. I KNEW I'd have to fight him again...I just didn't want to. So I got annoyed and was about to shut it off, when the audio spazzed out. I freaked, almost punched the power button, and ran up the stairs because now the lights were out down there and if I didn't run fast enough the monsters would get me. (Don't laugh. And don't tell me you've never done that before.)

So I made some chicken and I play wrestled with Ace (don't worry, he doesn't bite) in the two areas I deemed safe in the house: the living room and the kitchen.

And now I'm here. Dare I venture into another ARG tomorrow? We shall see.

3 comments:

  1. You and Aiden both. I came home and he was neck deep in the laptop reading these things. I'm gonna kill Taben for pointing to all of these things to him. Aiden needs to be sleeping and getting better, not getting more obsessed over this make believe Slender Man creature thing. It's getting a bit frustrating with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be fair, I'm learning to handle it. The fear. I think. This might be a good thing.

    And strap him to that bed or something. It's not like the blogs will run away while he's busy being sick. It's also not like it's harmful, other than temporarily to a bit of your psyche. Allow him to indulge himself, but only when he's better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the terrible part. He was in bed, Damned laptops and their mobility. luckily I've been needing the laptop for work and he's still to tiered/weak to get out of bed and sit on his computer.

    ReplyDelete