Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday...I almost called this Tuesday.

All full of deeeelicious pierogies. Yum! <3

Now then. Today.

It was just me and Sammi in our little group today. Sammi looked better. Seth was missing (AGAIN - he says he slept in) and Skye is violently ill with the stomach flu. Oy. :(

Made a logo for Justin's band today. He was really happy. I'm so proud of myself. I like making people happy. C:
Argued with Visa some more about their freakin' automated text messages. But nobody cares to hear about that.
Oesch saved me from talking to the college guy. I don't need "help" with college. I'm not a moron. I already applied to Kent.
Also started Dreams in Darkness in IM. I got to around where Ted died. I'm more upset about this than I should be. :'(

Enough of my mundane day. Now for the interesting part.

I had to take Ace for a walk because dad had to go pick up his prescription. By the time I was ready, it was turning dark. We went around the neighborhood horseshoe. The nice Papa John's guy successfully avoided me twice and restored my faith in the driving skills of Ohioans. Then I saw it.
An extremely long shadow.
I slowed my walking and stared at it for a while before I figured out it was coming from that neighbor's trash can.
Crisis averted.
And THEN the neighbor dog comes hurtling out of the shadows to say "HI!". I almost screamed.
I love him, fluffy little Ripley, but JEEZ.
He then proceeded to do his usual routine and loosely follow along side us during our walk.
We reach the bend in the far side of the horseshoe from my house, the part of the road closest to the woods. There's no sun left now. Ace stops. He stares. He won't budge.
When I finally got him to move, he flipped his head around, grabbed the leash in his mouth, and guided us back home.
...I only registered that Ripley was not at all present on the way back home just a few minutes before typing this.I was a little weirded out by it. But I know it's just because of Dreams in Darkness. I used this to rationalize.



I'm waiting for my fear cycle to register these events as amusing. It will. Eventually.

2 comments:

  1. You alright, Bran? Haven't seen anything from you in a lil' while. Hope you're well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, just got to this to publish that. I have no idea why it keeps sending your comments to my spam folder. ._.

    ReplyDelete