Monday, April 11, 2011

Setting down the controller.

At least for a moment. Bluh. I hate to interrupt the flow of things like this, but I need to say this.

Yes, this is exactly what it looks like. An OOC post. And before any of you piss and moan about me being "fake"...shut up. And get out of here. When you grow up and realize people CAN make out of character posts, THEN you can come talk to me.

Back on the rails, I assume at least some of you have seen Thage's post about leaving the game. If not, here: OOG: A Goodbye Letter to the Mythos

This is not to call her out. She actually raised excellent points. And while I don't agree with what she said against other bloggers, I'm not going to call her out over it. She's entitled to her opinion, and I'm tired of defending people and saying "STOP BEING JERKS" over and over again anyways. Enough of that crap.

Back on the rails AGAIN, There IS a definite lack of horror as of late.

And I will freely admit that Aiden's player and I have taken part in it. I've been trying to crawl out of that hole for awhile, but kept derailing myself with plot lines involving the five characters (which is probably four too many what the hell was I thinking). And then the three Agents. Hoo boy. Who let me do that one. But that's not an excuse.

What SHOULD be taken into consideration is how the Mythos is evolving. Sure, it can't be all sunshine and rainbows, but it can definitely start growing smarter. More different. Diverse. Granted, there are ways to do this without sounding like cheery idiots...but each is entitled to their own story line.

Each player adds new pieces of information to the game. Each to be seriously considered. (Even something as ridiculous as Breaker. They didn't really deserve to be trolled out of the Mythos the way they were.) Slenderman is generally accepted to be a tulpa. Therefore, Slenderman can change from person to person.
Not everyone's blogs will be the same. Which is great, because who wants to read that? I thought H(a)unting was wonderfully unique.

But I digress. We're talking about my blog here. I've finally worked out the plans I've had for weeks now. And I would like to assure you that things will start falling down the shithole of terror for Branwen and co. VERY soon. I will promise you that.



What's going to happen? Oh nonononononono. You don't get any spoilers. None of the spoilers. None of them.



We now return to your (not so) regularly scheduled program.



Tomorrow.

13 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 I don't think I can post enough of these little hearts, gal. You know I love ya and back ya in this :3 People should realize too, that differnt people deal with things differently. That's gonna have an effect on things as well.

    But yeah. You know how I fee on the subject <3 <3 <3 :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My respect for this blog just shot up exponentially because of this post; after so much rage and trolling, seeing a calm and mature take on everything is refreshing.

    If I may be allowed to continue the OOC talk a little longer, I want to raise a point (and it's a very long point, so we may be here a while). Theoretically, what you said about everyone being entitled to their own storyline is true. However, when writing a Slender Man blog, one is writing for a specific demographic (Slender Man fans). And while the author may have their own interpretation of what the story should be, every reader will also have their view on how the story should be. For a story to be successful amongst the readers, it needs to be packaged in a way which the audience will accept as a Slenderblog. This puts many restrictions on the author, but those restrictions are loose enough that they can be worked around. It's difficult, but if you present a story in the right way, the readers will accept almost anything.

    For an example, compare Breaker with Observe and Terminate. One's about someone who gains Slender Man esque powers after eating the arm of Slender Man; the other is about a massive paramilitary group which has firefights with proxies and which once drove Slender Man off by shooting him with laser guns. Both sound like stories which should have been trolled to death, but only Breaker was; this is because OaT was able to present their story in a way which most people accepted as Slendery.

    tl;dr: It is possible to write any story in the Mythos, but keep the audience's expectations in mind while doing so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I do feel pretty bad for depriving the mythos of horror with my whole Hatchling bullshit, and oh my gosh Y key cut it out, but anyway as I was saying. I'm going to ride it out, see if I can salvage C&C

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ygg's player: stick with us. Bran's player and I were talking about pulling in some of the others we wanna play with and working with that. If you wanna tag along by all means, do so. If not well whatever. Either way you're more than welcome.

    And to Omega, a very well mad observation. As she's said, we're working up and developing things. We've been enjoying outselve and that's one of the main reasons we came into this. We enjoy the mythos. We want to be a part in it.

    I will honestly admit that I've not read either of those blogs but I may go back and do so just to get some pointers.

    I think I speak for Bran as much as I do myself when I say that we thank you and appreciate you not just writing us off. :)

    Captcha lul: totheark (sorry had to)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we still be friends, Branwen, or whatever your name is? Even if we don't get Scott Pilgrim and whatnot?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Omega: ...Thank you. It feels so nice to hear someone say that. That tells me I'm not completely terrible at this game. Like Ai said, thanks for not writing us off.

    Aiden is absolutely correct. That's a good observation. I do agree with your point. I'm just personally not the type of person to go ragging on others for their work. Its part me thinking I wouldn't want someone to go trolling me here, and part me being lazy.
    I feel like this is a great writing project/exercise though. I've learned that I obviously have work to do. Things I need to make better.

    I haven't even read the entirety of Breaker or Observe and Terminate (which sounds awesome and hilarious and I really need to put that on my priority list).

    I...still have blogs on the list I have NOW that I need to finish.
    ...ayup. I'm a procrastinator. >.>

    @ Hellfire/Ygg: Yeah, that's what we were thinking too. We're here because we enjoy this and we love the Mythos.

    What Aiden's player is talking about, is that I was thinking about setting up a channel for some of us on Mibbit. Talk about things. Chill. Swap ideas. You're invited. Alyx too.

    @ Alyx: What a silly question. Of course.

    And for you and anyone else that's curious, my name is Molly. And Branwen is essentially me. I'm just an idiot and realized that too late to change her name. :P

    @ Aiden: Seriously? Did you really get that captcha? HAH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Omega (again): Annnnd I don't know how far off the rails of a generally accepted blog I've gone, but I'm going to operate under the assumption that I still have a lot of work to do.

    I think I can get around it though.

    Thanks for the tips! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not leaving, leeeeaving. I'm just not going to be able to use Kelly.

    I'm still going to follow everyone and comment, but I might use a different account.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a bit more reassuring at least. Or at least I think it is. I've been told that I'm just an odd one like that though >->

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you're still totally welcome to join the chat thing once I get it set up. C:

    ReplyDelete
  11. :D Yay! I can't wait to talk, even from my perspective.

    ReplyDelete