Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Branwen's Big Forest Adventure!" #2

Okay. Anybody that saw my last post, sorry if I alarmed you. Nothing really bad happened. It was just really weird and I was startled and confused. I headed off to church choir practice to sing and relax. And now I've got some green tea and Pringles. (Shut up they're awesome. There is nothing weird about that combination.)

Let's talk.

After I made my explanatory post, I donned the costume, snapped on Ace's leash, and made like I was walkin' the dog as usual. You know, neighbors. Forgot to factor those in, only remembered when I walked out the door.
Fortunately it's cold enough to freeze your urine outside, so anybody with any sense wouldn't be out there. I wonder what that says about me...

Skipping the part where we're walking up the street - and god it's so cold why didn't I wear gloves under these gloves - we come to the fork. And here I must choose. Left, into the trees. Right, only near the trees. I decided, for the sake of this beginning experiment, we should go right.
I hadn't really thought of anything like how long He might take to show or if He'd be there at all or how in God's name would I explain this entire situation if He became aggressive and I lost my cool under the Gentleman Wolf and screamed and attracted neighbors...
All on the walk down there. But none of that ended up mattering anyways.

He was already there, about 20 feet away from the top of the hill. The hill I refused to climb down. If we were going to interact, He was coming to me. In the open.
Yup. If I'm gonna do something dumb...what's that expression...? In for a penny...

So. Anyways. Things aren't weird yet. Other than the fact that I'm now staring down the Slenderman through a wolf mask. He tilts his head a little. I respond by tilting mine in the opposite direction.
Meanwhile, Ace is not pleased. Not aggressive yet, but clearly alert and prepared. Allow me to explain it in WolfQuest speak. When a dog is standing alert, ears erect, tail parallel to the ground, they're saying, "You're not my family. Who are you? Why are you on my property?"
Slendy tilts his head back up, and then the other way. He's turned towards Ace now. I pretend I am unfeeling and am a statue. I'm not moving from this spot. I place a hand on Ace's back.

And then suddenly Slendy is halfway up the hill into the woods. Much, MUCH closer. I have to look up now. I slowly raise a hand and wiggle my fingers in a casual hello. He waves back, then looks down at Ace. I push my shoulders back, chest out, back straight, and try to push an irritated aura around me. Slendy looks back at me. I'm not backing down. "Don't you hurt my dog," I think as hard as I can.

And then He pats my shoulder.

And I drop back into a slouch from being completely dumb founded. Ace growls.

And then He gives Ace a couple pats on the head. And Ace drops his tail, ears still erect, head tilted, also completely confused.

He taps the nose of my mask. And then He leaves.

Ace grabbed the leash in his mouth and guided us back home again, but not urgently. We casually walked in the door, I unhooked his leash, and then we just sat in complete silence in the kitchen for about five minutes.
After that, I look Ace in the eyes and say, "What the hell was that about?"
Ace groans his usual frustrated groan, slides to the floor, buries his snout in his paws, looking back up at me with his puppy eyes that say, "I have no idea. Now give me a hug."



He relentlessly stalks Casey.
Remember Sammi's possible concussion? Got the full story. She fell headfirst on the ice. A quad accident that HE caused.
Skyler. Also relentlessly stalked.
Seth. God, there were so many things happening there short of him losing time and getting injured.

And all I get is some nightmares, a cold, a few sightings, and a pat on the shoulder that's basically telling me, "Calm the eff down I just wanna pet your dog,"?

Slenderman. Make up your goddamned mind. And also, you're SUPPOSED to ASK before you pet a stranger's dog. He could have bitten you. What if he had rabies? You'd have Slender-rabies.

[sigh]
Confusion and attempted humor aside, I guess I should be glad I'm not being attacked. Yet.
Tomorrow I go to Casey's for a few hours. Maybe I'll get a look at that shack...I've always wanted to. I forgot it was there.
And I'll either a.) break His schedule or b.) see Him constantly while I'm there.

Again. Sorry if I scared you there.
Yggy, please get out of that trunk in one piece.

5 comments:

  1. That...
    That was pretty badass. "SO I TITLTED MY HEAD IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION, SLENDER CAN SUCK IT." Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahahahaha! Thanks for the ego boost. ;D

    I was getting worried about you there. You haven't posted for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This... this is very interesting... Hmm... gonna be doing a lot of thinking on this. Maybe I can 'talk' to Mr. Faceless and I dunno. Maybe it's because we were infected at the same time? I unno. so confused.... and sleep deprived... rawr. Need to think on all of this. A lot. He's not been around lately that I've noticed. Brenno and I have been staying in the room and working through stuff.

    Taben did say he saw Him while he was out with friends yesterday though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're quite welcome haha. I was thinking about it today, I think I'll make a post :3

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Aiden: I have absolutely no idea what His deal is. If you do get Him to talk, that'd be awesome. I'll let you have half of my dozens of cookies.

    I have a lot to tell you guys though. By 'I' I mean 'WE' because Casey and I have a massive collaborative post coming up. The trick is to get her computer to stop being crappy enough (it was already terrible without Slendy messing it up) to send her pictures and messages through. We would've done it yesterday, but we could barely get it to run the stupid camera past like...4 pictures.

    We went 'splorin yesterday. We met a guy. He seemed like a nice gentlemen. /sarcasm

    I am also still terrible at hopping fences.

    ReplyDelete