Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Should I be scared?

Because I'm not. At least I'm not trying to be. It's kind of hard. It's a "try not to think about it" thing.

I admit to running to the basement when it first happened. But I think we're sort of co-existing now. I feel like this is probably stupid and dangerous, but if he doesn't harm Aiden's crew and he hasn't come close to me, then maybe he's just observing me too?

Alright. Let me tell you what's going.

A few hours ago I was typing some notes on my stories because if I don't actively record information and ideas I will forget them. The cable keeps flickering in and out. We have Supernatural on. It's the episode with the Trickster where Dean keeps dying. Then the cable goes out for good. Mom and I are all, :( because we love that episode (we love Supernatural in general).
I then go, "Meh..." and continue typing notes on Facebook. I open up a second tab for Google which refuses to load. The internet connection has gone out. I copied my notes into Word and went to go feed myself because I was painfully hungry. (Sometimes us skinny people are skinny because we forget to eat. While that might sound like a wonderful "ability" to anybody wanting to lose weight, I assure you it's not that fun. Being light headed sucks.)

But not before noticing the sudden fog outside. And seeing a figure behind some trees in the neighbor's yard. Here's where I ran to the basement.
I sat and thought here for a bit before getting an idea. A behavioral theory.

So I go back upstairs. I'm eating some meatloaf that I made yesterday. Mom's trying to call the doctor's office to ask about her appointment. The phone line's gone out too. Mind you we're pretty sure this is all due to the storm, especially since it came back later while He was still here. (Capitalizing that now because otherwise it's just a regular pronoun and makes things very confusing.)

I read a book for a bit. Erin came by to fax some papers. We're all just chilling in the living room. I hopped back on the computer just a little bit ago. He's still here, a little bit closer now, closer to the road. But still by some trees. Like He thinks He's hiding or something.

I'm watching him watch me. Ace is none too pleased with any of this, and I realized again that he was acting up when the fog appeared and was curling around our feet as if to say, "Stay here, I can watch you here. He won't get you."
I need to get better at paying attention to my dog.

Just a glance over my shoulder again. He's still there, head slightly tilted. I don't know if this is malicious or not. I can't tell. If it's a sixth sense type of feeling, I'm convinced mine's been broken for a while. Right now I'm working on not being scared. Not letting him drive me off into the basement.

It's easier with all these people around me. By myself would be a different story. I think if I act as calm as Aiden's crew, I'll be okay for the time being...

Still no word back from Skyler. No bad reports from Sammi or Casey. Seth is our concern right now. If he can hold out til Aiden's party...

I think I'll give him another call.

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know why we're so... calm. We shouldn't be, right? I guess it's the whole Taben's calm, Allen's Calm, Allen chatters to him like he's an old friend. It all seems so surreal... this isn't how it's supposed to be, right?

    just a couple more weeks. Keep me updated on Seth's position. I'm still curious though, is this what you were referring to? And does Seth know how often Slendy's around here? How close he gets?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, sort of. It's more like a series of experiments to see what happens with him. To see if what I think is going on is really happening.

    That's the sort of stuff I asked Skyler. Because I can't really trust Seth to be honest about it right now. He didn't even answer his phone.

    I got something back from Skyler, by the way. Just give me a minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant in reguards to how often Slendy's around here with us. Does Seth know this? I mean, if he does do you think he's really gonna come up and spend the weekend with us? Or do you just want him to see how we are around Slendy?

    I'm jut.. really confused. but i've said that amillion times now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precisely why I'm not telling him. I'll explain when it happens.

    Sometimes I think it's a dumb idea, but I need to test it anyways. No one will be in danger.

    ReplyDelete