Friday, February 4, 2011

Questions/Rant

First off, I'd like to say that a handful of random strangers managed to salvage a piece of my day just through their simple actions. I'm full of delicious food and the coat I was eyeing two weeks before Christmas was finally at a reasonable price.
Why yes, I AM indulging in material and mundane things. I keep doing that to remind myself that hey! I still have a life. I need to calm down once in a while.
Except that's hard right now because (least to biggest) I have this impossible assignment our English teacher gave us because two small groups were talking over her and she got all pissy (yeah, I'm still really upset), Ava's still gone, Kaiju's in huge proxy trouble, and apparently more people are missing.
And...and...He was close. I was so scared and angry about it at the same time...like...freaked because He was just there. And irritated because how dare He show His face during my terrible day and after all of these people have gone missing?

Which sort of leads into a bunch of theories and things I've been thinking about. I've managed to split my brain into three sections that are constantly at work: tasks at hand, daydreaming/imagining, theorizing/investigating.
Before, it was just the first two.

Things I've Found Out/Theories
- Medicated slumber does not protect you from the nightmares. It pulls you into the usual acid trip dream when there aren't nightmares, but when there are that acid trip property just pulls you in deeper.
- He seems to show only when I'm radiating negativity, whether it's fear, anger, or sadness. Apathy may also work. Or rather, perhaps I only feel the influence during those emotions. This may or may not be the case. If it is, I'm not sure how long this will last.
- My mp3 player has yet to spaz in my room or on the bus since I've put the Operator symbols up. The one I drew on the bus window is regularly redrawn just in case.
- I think He's scared of Ace. Or simply cautious. He got close when Ace wasn't with me.
- There's almost a new moon. If shit hasn't officially hit the fan, I have a feeling it'll either do so then, or closer to the next full moon. I was wrong about that before though. The moon, I mean.
- Going along with my emotional theory (adapted from Ava), Seth is less afflicted since Skyler decided to kick him out of the emo gutter.

Questions
- Do constants work?
- Has anyone else tried them?
- Has anyone else tested Ava's library sanctuary?
- Would a bookcase provide a fraction of that security?
- Why does our case seem so much more negative than Aiden's?

I almost forgot this recent incident. I don't know how...
Mom and I were driving back from Bob Evan's and shopping. We heard a familiar song, but couldn't place it. So we passed our street and kept driving so we could figure it out. Plus she wanted to show me the offending neighbors. While we were turning around at a dead end,  I spotted Him in the trees for a split second. At the same time the radio went to static. I thought I was just being paranoid and you know...radios do that all the time. But no. When we fully turned around He was right next to the road. If I'd opened the door, I would have been three feet away from Him. Then we drove away and the radio returned.
Ace isn't acting up, so I guess He isn't around anymore.
I'm taking deep breaths and telling myself I'll be alright. He hasn't touched me yet or been in my house. That's the closest He's been is the car. I just have nightmares and I'm a little sick. I also really need to talk to Aiden.
I...think that's all I have for now. One more tidbit about the organizational thing.

Branwen: Researching. Theorizing. Experimenting.
Skyler: Testing constants and religious theories.
Casey: Researching. Conferencing with me about theories.
Sammi: Tracking. Organizing most important photos.
Seth: Personal experiences will be valuable.

And all the while we're just chuggin' along in life like there ISN'T a scary tentacle man out to get us. C:

Oh. And that coat? I noticed when we went to pay for it that the inside tag says, "MYSTIC". My first thought? Zeke.
I will be wearing this instead of my old coat with the belief that it will transfer the badassery to me.

Now. There's a new episode of Supernatural tonight. I'm going to go hug Ace and take some time to calm down. And I'm going to watch that. Because at least they get the monsters on there...

Edit: Skye was absent again. Day two.

No comments:

Post a Comment