Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Skyler

Is now my hero. She took some time to get back to me. But eventually she did. Here's the message:

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I've been juggling Seth and school. He's kind of become a handful. But that's okay...
I myself have my own problems with the monster. But I deal. You said one of the girls from another blog looked into religion to keep her safe, right? I'm doing that. Most of the time I'm okay. But Seth...It's relentless with him.
Where He's been...well...He mostly shows up in the windows in the daytime. He gets as close as he possibly can. He'll appear several times in one day. And then the one time I was trying to get Seth to sleep and he just appeared in his bedroom doorway. I don't think either of us slept that night.
I threw away all of his journals and drawings and notes while I was there. I tried to keep him preoccupied on other things, like his youth group and his music. I think that made things better. He still showed up frequently, but we got better at ignoring it. He was more like himself when I left...
I guess it started up again. He has nightmares. He doesn't sleep well. That's why he sleeps in and skips school. He's at least trying to avoid drawing or writing anything. I haven't been up there though...I don't know if he's holding to that.
The last time I called him, after this phone incident you had, he was just babbling. In a really scared voice. But then later he was okay.
Branwen. I don't know what to do. I didn't mean for this to happen. I just thought they were silly videos some guys made...I'm so sorry you guys...I'm sorry.

I've given her the login information to the blog. She's the only one that can talk to Seth and get anything out of him. And I think she has her head screwed on tighter than the rest of us. Expect updates about Seth from her.

I hope you're okay down there Skyler.
Be careful.
Eyes open.
Watch yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment